Date Posted: January 17, 2024
Position: Youth Care Worker- Casual(s)
Location: Eagle Warrior Healing Lodge, Winnipeg
Closing Date: Ongoing
Wage Scale: $15.55-$17.00
Neecheewam Inc. has casual positions available, at Eagle Warriors Healing Lodge shifts will include Days, Evenings, O/N, Weekends and On-call duties as required. Eagle Warriors Healing Lodge is a four-bed unit for male identified youth aged 12-17. This facility is specific to Indigenous youth who have limited involvement with the justice system but have demonstrated behavior that indicate a need for additional structure and support. Young persons at this unit may be assigned a Probation Officer or an ISSP (Intensive Support and Supervision Program) Worker, in which case Eagle Warriors will work with the youth to meet their individual needs while remaining cognizant of legal requirements of the youth.
Our vision: Children and Youth placed with Neecheewam will benefit from an Indigenous perspective and approach, with the goal of family reunification wherever possible. External factors impacting families in both the past and present have resulted in outcomes of colonial violence and trauma that require healing. Indigenous way of nurturing the young people we work with will help repair and restore relationships, foster health, and wellbeing, encourage and practice spiritualty and connectedness through ceremony and realize their potential in pursuit of self-determination and a renewed sense of self-esteem.
Key Qualifications Required:
- Child & Youth Care Diploma preferred. Experience working with children, at-risk and sexually exploited youth. Education of youth with addiction and substance abuse.
- Knowledge and appreciation of the Indigenous Culture and Traditions. Strong knowledge of the issues affecting our children, families, and communities.
- Have demonstrated leadership qualities and must be able to work independently and as a valued team member and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to conduct oneself in a professional capacity when dealing with all CFS Agencies or any other related external organizations.
- Organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills are necessary and possess a high level of advocacy skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be confident in decision making.
- Valid Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry Check, and Prior Contact Check are required.
- Valid First Aid/CPR required.
- Valid Driver’s License an asset.
Please submit a cover letter with a resume describing your experience and qualifications via email
Ekriskovic@neecheewam.com via fax at (204) 774-4970.
We thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Preference will be given to qualified Indigenous applicants; applicants are asked to self-declare their identity in their resume or cover letter.